- Approved replacement to EPDM
- Appropriate for vapour barrier sealing
- Completely water-tight
- Completely weather-proof
- Bond guaranteed for 25 years plus
- Quick application
- Available in 50MM & 65MM. 20M lengths
- Tape can be easily overlapped without added any significant height which could interfere with the deck board heights
- easy to slide boards along taped joists when installing
- If screws are removed, no residue is left on the screw
- Tape doesn’t stick to itself on the adhesive side – no wastage
What will your cladding look like in a few years’ time?
It’s not all about what it looks like on the outside, if you have a stunning cladding board its worth investing on the substructure. Walther Strong Clad Tape ® is a non-butyl self-sealing tape manufactured from a massively strong polymer acrylic adhesive, which gives the timber battens a completely waterproof and weatherproof seal. With a 25-year guarantee, Clad Tape ® ensures your battens last as long as your composite cladding boards.
Non-Butyl tapes are particularly suitable for this application as they are completely UV stable and keep their integrity for longer. This means that they have many advantages over both butyl and asphalt tapes. In addition to this, it is stable from -40C to +93C with no cracking, peeling or strength loss.
How to apply Clad Tape ®
It’s simple! – Clad Tape ® has been specifically designed to have a hassle-free application. With no liner like other traditional tapes, it takes seconds to apply a strip of Clad Tape ® down the face of every batten. The tape comes in 50MM & 65MM widths which acts as a perfect ‘cap’ (slightly overlapping the edge of the battens) rather than a ‘wrap’ – This prevents any moisture getting in and slowly causing rot and at the same time allows the timber to breathe.
Clad Tape ® can be applied to the battens in advance to the cladding boards being fitted – It doesn’t deteriorate or affect the benefits and qualities of the tape.