- Plaster bonds through the trim tape
- In perfect ‘bite size’ pieces
- 66 individual strips on a roll [34MM x 75MM]
- Saves time
- No damage
- Stays put
- Fully trialled & tested
Where do you use TRIM Tape ®?
Simply put – Trim Tape has been designed for the purpose of adhering corner beads to walls during plastering without any damage or hassle. However – there is a lot more to it than that …
Corner beads are used on the corners of walls in drywall construction to neatened and reinforce corners (making them less prone to denting and other types of damage). There is a wide variety of different designs and are most commonly found made from plastic or metal.
Traditionally, these beads would then be adhered to the wall with nails which is where plasterers were having issues… Not only is it a painfully slow process of having to knock in nails down either side of the bead, it tended to cause significant damage to the wall behind where the bead was meant to be strengthening and neatening.
Which is where we designed Trim Tape! – engineered in pre-cut strips it takes seconds to apply intermittently down either side of the corner bead adhering it securely to the wall. The unique design of the tape allows the plaster to bond through it blending the corner bead and the wall seamlessly together.
Is the design of the tape important?
Yes. the design of the tape is really important. We trialled and tested thousands of tapes before getting to the final material of Trim Tape ® . The unique design maximises the surface area which allows both the corner bead to be firmly adhered to the wall and at the same time allowing the plaster to bond through it which you cannot get with any ‘normal’ tapes.
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
- Prepare surface – remove all debris and dust
- Apply strips of Trim Tape – depending on the size of the bead, apply strips intermittently down either side of the bead roughly 50-60 CM apart.
- Press firmly – apply firm pressure when applying to ensure maximum bond strength
- Apply joint compound – Wait till fully dry and enjoy the flawless and sharp finished corners!